Thursday, October 6, 2011
Versatile Blog Award
Yay! My first blog award and from the coolest blogger I know: Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational. I am one of the blogs she chose as a Versatile Blogger after she won the award. How I wish I could choose her as one of mine because she has so much creativity when it comes to supplementing education at home it is mind baffling. I love blogging and it feels great to be so supported.
To except the Versatile Blog Award I need to:
1) Link back to the blogger who nominated you
2) Share 7 things about myself
3) Nominate 15 other blogs for the award
Now on to step two: 7 things about me (this was hard because I am such an open book)
1) I love elephants. I am hopping to save up and volunteer at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage in Sri Lanka.
2) I have been married for 10 years. It has been really rough the last couple of years but I am more certain than ever that we are meant to be together and I am confident a rewarding time is ahead of us.
3) I desperately wanted a little girl. I wanted to relive moments I had lost in my childhood like tea parties, dressing up like a princess, dollhouses, prom, pedicures, the whole thing. I am grieving that it isn't in the cards for me
4.) I loved school so much that I decided to never leave. Just kidding-sort of. I am a total school nerd. I love learning, knowledge, projects, research and everything. I am so excited about being a teacher it keeps me up at night.
5) I start my student teaching in January with 5th graders and will graduate this April.
6) I am not creative AT ALL. I never could pretend, even as a child (this makes it extremely difficult to do free play with my own kiddos). I am great at collaboration and working off an idea I see, but I could never come up with it on my own.
7) I shamelessly love YA books (Twilight, Hunger Games, books by John Green). This has led me to also sometimes be caught reading watching shows on the CW. Shhhh-don't tell anyone!
And now to who I nominate: (Keep in mind obviously Relentlessy Fun would be my #1 choice but she has it)
1) Counting Coconuts: I love this blog so much. She has great ideas and was my first real exposure to making Montessori methods something to be excited about. She has been on maternity leave from her blog, and I can't wait for her to start blogging again.
2)Toddler Approved: A great website with activities that are great for the little ones. Recently they have been doing activities on Llama Llama Red Pajama, one of my favorite books to read at bedtime.
3)The Imagination Tree: I am a regular follower of her 5 A Day Books linkys. She does other great post as well.
4)Superheroes and Princesses: A great blog all around. She does amazing crafts and activities, and often links them back to picture books (which I love).
5)My Delicious Ambiguity: I love some of the sensory stuff she does for her child. I have so many ideas that I want to make for my kiddos based off of her website.
6)Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas: This is another website I frequent A LOT! She has tons of great ideas and I love her Sunday Showcase Linksy
7)Mama Pea Pod: This wonderful woman has such a fresh perspective on living life and parenting. She promotes outdoor play and I love to see the activities she puts out.
8) I Heart Crafty Things: Her blog lives up to her name-crafty! She has a plethora of good ideas.
9)Runde's Room: This is my favorite teachers blog. Perhaps it is because she teaches 5th grade (like what I want to do) but she has great stuff.
10)One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish: Her blog reminds me so much of mine. Just a mom planning activities for her two little ones and recording everything as she goes.
11)Ramblings from the Sunshine State: Lots of great projects and some cool party planning ideas.
12)Little Wonder Days: Crafts, Cooking, Montessori, and Muffin Tin Meals. I love it!!!
13)Helping Little Hands: A lot of great ideas for cooking and felt food (a new obsession of mine). Also a great proponent of children's books.
14)Fireflies and Jellybeans: A ton of great DIY ideas for crafty peeps.
15)Crafts-N-Things for Children: Another wonderful blog about fun crafts and activities to do with your kiddo. Truly a must visit with tons of ideas to keep you busy.