Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"B" Turns ONE!

This Monday my youngest turned one. He is such a sweet love and I can't imagine my life without him in it. The weekend was filled with festivities as my husband flew in from Alaska to celebrate. On Saturday, I threw a super cute Very Hungry Caterpillar themed party for "B". Then, like all good hosts I got hardly any good pictures or even had a chance to eat any of the yummy food I made. Argh! I wanted to share some of what I could capture though.

The Decorations
I wish I got a better pic of my hungry caterpillar balloons ;0(. The pic of "B" with Daddy is good though.
I got the idea for a photo montage of the 12months of his life as the caterpillar body from Pinterest.
The Food
I incorporated all the foods the caterpillar ate in the Eric Carle book.
I got the awesome printable labels from Polkadots and Puppies. Her party was way cuter so check it out!
I am super proud of my mini cherry pies (so easy to make). Mini muffin tin, refrigerated pie dough, and cherry filling.
Some other food I didn't get a photo of: veggie platter with dip in a lettuce bowl, fruit in waffle cones, PB&J cut into circles and shaped like a caterpillar and the same done with turkey wraps.
 The Cake
White cake cupcakes and chocolate cake face (to match two things caterpillar ate). Antennas are Dum-Dum suckers and face is Skittles.
He kept moaning! Yummo
Keepsake Table
Since I didn't have a baby shower with "B" I asked people to fill out these "Wishes for Baby" cards. Then people were instructed to pick one wish that they wrote and then write it with a black Sharpie in a keepsake Very Hungry Caterpillar book. I had two art pieces of the character with "B's" handprints and gummy worms near by.
You can find these free printables at Lauren Makes Wordpress. She has different colors too.
The cards and book turned out PERFECT. I can't wait for him to read it when he gets a little older.


No comments:

Post a Comment