Monday, July 25, 2011

Beach Sensory Bin

This week in summer challenge is water /ocean week. I would love to go to the beach and the aquarium this week, but I don't think it will be in the cards and for us. This has me trying to find creative ways to bring the ocean to us. To get the ball rolling I decided to make a beach theme sensory bin. This is a plastic storage bin with lid that I put different items for the little ones to run there hands through, dig, play and set up little play lands. I took some play sand and filled the bin up about 1/3 of the way. Then "A" and I went on a search of beach items to put in. Luckily, we have lots of shells and rocks from our collections. We also found some palm trees, sea animal figurines/bath toys, foam sea animal shapes, a treasure chest, and pirate cut-outs from a book "A" has. It turned out so awesome I almost don't feel so sad about not being able to go to the real beach-ALMOST!



No comments:

Post a Comment