Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Harvest Festival

Yesterday we went to The Pumpkin Patch as to celebrate their annual harvest festival and opening of their huge corn maze. The Pumpkin Patch is a cute farm that is on Sauvie Island, a small island full of agricultural farms on the Willamette River, about 15 mins. from downtown Portland. We normally have a slew of farms we frequent during the harvest season but just got turned on to the Pumpkin Patch last year when my mom told me about it. This year I fell in love with them a little more when I discovered that every year they go to Rwanda and teach locals how to farm and provide feed for the orphanages. That is something I am willing to support! This is the second year going with my mom to celebrate the holiday. It was a much needed distraction for our first weekend away from Daddy. I think it made Daddy more homesick though!

I originally got the idea of the gourd birdhouses from this farm. Here are some beautiful ones they made!
This is next to a display about their Rwanda visits, with a Rwanda basket!
Happy Harvest Season everyone! It's my favorite time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment