Saturday, December 31, 2011

11 Reflections on 2011


Scouring blog world I came across this fun Linky Party over at Teeny Tiny Teacher to reflect on 11 things in 2011. It seemed like fun so I thought I would have a go at it...

11.) Favorite movie watched:
It is between The Help and Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows #2. The Help is such a great and well written story and the acting in the movie didn't disappoint. Harry Potter is simply because it is the end of an era.
 
10.) Favorite TV series:
So I must admit I am a total TV junky, it's pathetic. So my ultimate fave is most likely Psych & Bones. Some of my other must-watch shows are Castle, NCIS, Glee, New Girl, Terra Nova, Archer, .... Oh My, see I am pathetic!

9.) Favorite Restaurant
Since I am moving back to Anchorage shortly my favorite restaurant there is Ramono's Italian Restaurant. Here in Portland my favorite restaurant is probably El Indio Mexican Restaurant or Nicholas Mediterranean Restaurant. A family stand-by is The Old Spaghetti Factory and Five Guy Burgers

8.) Favorite new thing I tried
I went on a cruise with just my mom and it was an amazing trip of trying once-in-a-lifetime type things. We went cave-tubbing in Belize, played with Spider Monkeys in Isle Roatan-Hondurus, we danced and kissed dolphins, took an airboat ride in the Everglades, and my favorite thing was swimming with stingrays.


7.) Favorite gift you received
For me my two favorite gifts are my Nook Color from my hubby on Valentine's Day and a Christmas Ornament my sister in Japan sent of all of our memories inside. Another favorite gift is my mother-in-law made matching dog sweaters for my two dogs and two matching sweaters for my sons-they make me happy just thinking about them.
On the strips of curled paper are memories
6.) Favorite thing I pinned
Holy cow! I just discovered Pinterest this summer. I am obsessed. I have pinned so many things I couldn't narrow it down. Looking at my boards may give you an idea. 

5.) Favorite Blog Post
This summer I participated in the Smart Summer Challenge and it was just a great summer to kick off blogging and doing some super great educational activities with my boy. One of my favorite blogs (which I have many) is my Urban Nature Scavenger Hunt. We looked for nature in Downtown Portland and kept our eyes out for curious gardens. Then we went home and made our own urban landscape with an architecture stamp set. It was truly an amazing day!


4.) Favorite Accomplishment
Running in a 5K! I am an overweight girl (to say the least) and last January I trained doing the Couch to 5K and ran in the Shamrock Run on St. Patty's Day. I did it in 45 minutes...not super great time. But I set a goal, worked for it, and achieved it! I was really proud of myself!

3.) Favorite Picture
Any picture of my two boys being sweet and cuddly with each other is my favorite. I love to see them grow up to be pals and the love they share for one another. Times like this make motherhood worth it!

2.) Favorite Memory
I would have to say probably the recent vacation to Cabo San Lucas and Los Angeles with my husband and two boys. It was our first family vacation since the baby has been born. It was really great for us to bond just the four of us and experience things through my son's eyes.

1.) Goal for 2012
Graduate with my B.A. in Elementary Education. I start Student Teaching Jan. 3rd. I am scheduled to graduate then end of March. It is truly my passion and joy to teach, in particular upper elementary grades. I will be starting a classroom/teaching blog called, Nurturing the Learner Within. Not only to graduate but getting a job would be super. That is one of the reasons we are moving to Alaska, so that could even be a remote possibility. Lastly, I would like to exercise more! 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up!!!
    Your cruise sounds AMAZING!!!!! Love the pics!
    And I love that Christmas ornament with the memories inside. That is sooooo neat!!!!
    Your boys are adorable!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous vacations you have had! Great photos. I'm following you from the Linky party! Hope you can visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete