Tuesday, October 11, 2011

5 A Day books: Colors

In honor of Eric Carl's new book I chose to choose colors as this weeks theme for 5 A Day Books. If you would like to know more about 5 A Day Books and its benefit to children read here. Without further adieu here is what we are reading this week (watch out for the end -I included an extra fun book I found as our 6th book) :

1) The Artist who Painted a Blue Horse by Eric Carle: Each page is a large illustration with an animal painted an unlikely color: yellow cow, green lion, and a polka-dotted donkey. Don't forget to read the last page of the book that explains how Eric Carle grew up in Nazi Germany and wasn't allowed to look at abstract art. An art teacher went against the rules and the art he saw inspired his illustrations that we have come to know and love.
2)P. B. Bear's Colors: This is a typical baby board book with a cute British teddy bear on each page among different items of a featured color. It was just one I had lying around the house.
3)My Little Carry Books: Color: I love these carry books. They are compact and have a handle for babies to carry about. The words and pages of this book are beautiful. One of my favorites of this grouping.
4) My First Bilingual Book:-Colors/Colores: Each page has five items that feature a color with the English and Spanish word labeled.
5) Colors from Nature: This is another series that has striking pictures. It is bigger than most board books so the pictures are large and fun for babies to see. Each picture also has a fun descriptive sentence.

And a fun book I had to add to the week...

6) Who Am I? by Begin Smart Books: This book has handles and two eyes cut out. You put the book against your face as a mask and ask baby "Who Am I?" Both of my boys think it is hilarious (1 year and 5 years old) It's great fun for the whole family.
This is the cover opened up
Some inside pages

No comments:

Post a Comment