Friday, August 26, 2011

Guidecraft Goodies

This summer I had the awesome privilege of doing the Smart Summer Challenge created by Naturally Educational, Pink and Green Mama, and Teach Mama (3 amazing women bloggers). Each week we did an educational theme to work on avoiding the summer slide children get during summer break. At the end of the week was a Linky with a winner picked with always amazing prizes. I was the lucky winner for the water fun, week 5. The prize was $200 shopping spree at Guidecraft (an amazing store of educational toys and children's furniture)-they even paid the additional shipping. I was so excited I couldn't contain myself. I never win anything, until now that is! My experience with Guidecraft was amazing. The people knew who I was, got my order reading overnight, and shipped it the next day. They had some amazing furniture but since we are moving I chose to go with smaller toys-a total of seven in all! After much anticipation the box finally arrived today!

Absolutely Glorious!
What I chose:
3D Look and Find: Take the circle cut-outs and the have child reach in the bag and see if they can find match by feel.
The teacher in me loved these fraction cups.
This See Saw Sorter teaches balance and patterns - plus it just looks so cool
Sound Boxes: Each box has a matching box with the same rattling sound. Have child try to find match by sound
The boxes were more difficult than expect (which is a good thing). The boxes have color dots on bottom if you get stuck.
I got this for "A" in particular. The Block Mate Dinosaurs are pieces that go on wooden blocks to make fun dino toys.
The stacking rainbow pyramid is so pretty and be stacked in numerous pyramid shapes.
"B" had to get in on the block action!
This is one of my faves: Animal Train Sort and Match
"A" love finding all the new ways to make animal train scenarios
Thank you Smart Summer Challange not only for the amazing learning experience but for choosing me for the Linky. Can I just say I LOVE blogging!!!

Side Note: Since I am talking about educational toys I also wanted to mention another toy my hubby got us that I am loving. It is not from Guidecraft but Melissa and Doug-Magnetic Pattern Blocks. "A" has been playing with it quietly for hours. That is always a good sign! I wish I could find more pattern cards though.


No comments:

Post a Comment