Saturday, October 6, 2012

Jet Pack Costume

For youth group last Tuesday we had to dress up with the theme of the unit we had been teaching on: Space Quest! I knew exactly what to make for "A"-a jet pack costume! The greatest thing is I had all items on hand using recycled items and it was completely free. I originally saw the idea on Pinterest and a different variation at Classy Miss Molassy. Mine is a lot less fancy because I am a no fuss type of gal. So without further adieu...

Blast Off!!!

Directions:

Take two 2 Liter soda bottles and I taped them together with clear packaging tape. Then tape them to a cardboard piece (I used a flap). Punch holes in the four corners of cardboard. Add string to be able to put it on like a backpack. Add red & orange tissue paper for flames. Viola-easy peasy you are done!!!


"A" also wanted to make a space man "helmet". He just cut a hole in a box (the same one we got the flap off for the jet pack) and he decorated it with space drawings and "buttons".



3 comments:

  1. Oh my word...I have a student OBSESSED with jet packs. I am so showing this to him and his mom!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! BOTH my boys would go crazy for one of these jet packs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how he added a helmet! Thanks for sharing this at the Sunday Showcase. :)

    ReplyDelete