Thursday, April 5, 2012

Moose Encounter

We have been noticing some lovely moose scat by our front door at our new home. It appears they have been chewing on the empty bushes by the front window. I do know they have been starving due to the record snow fall this year. I had commented how awesome it would be to see an actual moose in our front window and today we got the opportunity.

One large moose sauntered up and started trying to find food on your bushes. I ran and locked the dogs upstairs, pulled the blinds and plastered our faces up against the glass to watch. Even the baby was enthralled. As I watched him attempt to find food the humanitarian in me wanted to rustle up food, but I knew I couldn't. I just had to watch nature be as it should.
Then to our surprise we realized our friendly neighbor was a Momma. Up came her baby a few moments later. I was beyond elated! He was so cute. The baby got right up against the glass. I have never been so close to a wild animal before. Nothing but a few inches separating us! This is one of the reasons I wanted to move the boys up here...so they could have experiences just like this...
Two babies looking at each other
Almost the same size
And because we couldn't resist "A" kissed a moose's bum ;o)

1 comment: