Sunday, January 8, 2012

World's Easiest, Healthiest Quiche

Okay, so I don't know if it is technically a quiche, but everything else is true. Did I mention besides being healthy and easy it also is cheap to make and can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for about 5 days-making school mornings a breeze! It's all true!!!

Buy the reduced-fat crescent roll from Pillsbury or the generic brand (found in fridge section). Roll it out as one sheet and put in a casserole dish (spray dish with PAM first). Pinch all the edges together so it looks like one solid sheet of dough. If it goes up on the edges of the dish a bit that is okay. Then put in whatever toppings you want on top of the dough. I made one with broccoli and another with diced ham. Then you pour the whisked eggs on top. When I make it in a casserole dish I used 6 eggs. This last patch I put the dough on two glass pie dishes so I only used 4 eggs each. You can use Eggbeaters to cut down on calories (or a half eggs and half Eggbeaters). It will look runny and cover your topping and dough. Don't worry it will turn out great. Next comes some shredded cheddar sprinkled on top of the runny eggs. Pop into a preheated oven of about 350 degrees. Wait until the eggs are completely set (about 15-20 minutes). The broccoli will need to cook a smidge longer than the ham because of the added moisture. Take out and let cool. You can cut pie shapes out and it will totally hold its shape. Most mornings I grab a piece from the fridge, nuke about 30 seconds, grab a napkin and go. You don't even need a fork. Of course, you can eat it on a plate with a fork to be fancy ;o).

I love to make these 4 ingredient dishes Sunday night, so all week I can grab a piece for the kiddos with a half banana and Go-Gurt. They have a totally healthy breakfast that literally took me about one minute to make. What a time saver! You can also have it for Brunch or dinner with a nice side salad.
A piece of each-don't mind if I do! I wanted you to see what they look like on a cross-section.
Ham and Cheddar Quiche
Cheddar and Broccoli Quiche
If any of you think of different combo's please let me know. I would love to try it!

1 comment:

  1. You had me at quiche. :) YUM!!!!! Both of my boys LOVE eggs, as do my husband and I. Thanks for sharing, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete